I suppose it's about time I update on here seeing as the word is slowly trickling out. I realized today after texting some of you that I'd be texting all day with the questions and answers in regard to the "what next?" part of my life.
Last week I decided that I wasn't going to be attending Virginia Tech whether they wanted me or not. This was mostly based upon another decision, or long-awaited answer to prayers. I was pretty surprised (as some of you were/are) to be saying that I'll be moving to Utah following graduation. Today, I received my official rejection from Virginia Tech which was a relief for the most part with only a slight pang of rejection. I am human after all.
Today I've spent the day hunting for potential job openings in Utah. It seems that much of the opportunities that I have been able to find online are at adolescent drug treatment centers. Fortunately, Utah seems to be bursting at the seams with these facilities. :)
There is a program called the National Health Service Corps which offers loan reimbursement/payment and I was looking in to that as well. The only opportunity for that currently listed is through the Utah Department of Corrections. :) I'm not sure that is where I'll end up, but I'd like my loans to be paid off as quickly as possible, so I may just have to bite the bullet for a few years.
I don't know which city/town/middle-of-nowhere part of Utah I'll be living in just yet, but I'm sure that Heavenly Father will continue to guide me and make the way clear.
I have to be out of my apartment within four days of graduation so I'll be moving rather quickly and finding some work in the mean time until I can pass the licensure test and find employment in my field.
I think that's all of the questions, thus far. If you have more, ask here or e-mail or text or whatever. :) I'll try and keep you guys updated as best I can.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Holly, I really don't like the idea of you being SO far away! I guess I'll have to get used to it. It looks like, pretty soon,there will be lots of reasons to visit Utah. (Word to Meredith: don't date no westerners!)
Well, it's not like I planned it that way! :) Maybe you should just find a job in Utah and move there too! :)
I agree with NanaBell about dating westerners. All the men out here seem so girly. Holly I think it's great you'll be out here!! Can't wait!
Ew! I don't want no guuuuuurlie man!
Post a Comment