So I went to the "Volksmarch" this Saturday and we also went to the basketball game on Wed. Weber State won the game 73-67 and we have one last game this or next week. The only pictures we got from the game were taken on Jade's phone because we forgot the camera, but I did get pictures from the Walk on Saturday. It was held at the Farmington Bay Wildlife Management Area which is just a lot of acres of land for birds and stuff. It was pretty marshy and flat. I was probably the only person under 50 that participated, but it was a lot of fun. It was supposed to be a 10K walk through the park. No one else went with me, so I decided to run it.
I was interested in other information as well as the run and so the lady in charge gave me watered down route instructions so she could get to the other participants. We just started whenever we wanted, so when I went out on my own all I knew that I was looking for was a sign that said "No___" at the three mile turn around, I was supposed to fill in the blank when I got back to get credit for the full 10K. I started running and was making good time and talked a little with other folks that were participating. I hit the 1.5 mile mark rather quickly and figured that it would not be much of a problem to make it to work by 11. Before I knew it though, I was getting tired and I did not notice anyone else on the road that was in the club, but I got to a stopping point with a gate that said "No parking" and ironically so, I was pretty pooped by then. I looked at my watch and was for sure that I had run further than I was supposed to because my run time was much higher than I had paced. I started back a little confused and tired. I ran a bit slower back but needed to keep pace to be on time to work. About ten or fifteen minutes back up the road I noticed some ribbons tied next to a sign that said "No trespassing" and could not believe myself. I was sure that I had overshot the turn around by at least a mile and with the pace, probably one and a half. Anyway, I ran for a total of just over an hour and am positive that I ran an extra two if not three miles because I did not see nor hear about the turn around "clue." I was a little late to work but got a great workout that morning and got to see some beautiful scenery. That is my story for the week and on Wednesday of this week we are going to 'Macbeth' on campus. The company has performed so well that this is their second run and are going to the Capitol to perform there, anyway it is supposed to be good. I personally have never read it, or probably more accurately, never remember reading it. Matt (the ladies are just some random walkers)



4 comments:
You may not remember reading MacBeth, but I believe you (or maybe it was one of your siblings) was in a version of it in the 4th grade at Central. Multiple students were assigned the same character and just switched costumes between scenes. It could have been Ginny or Meredith, but I'm pretty sure it was you. Does anyone else remember? Hope you enjoy it.
it was me! don't even go trying to give the credit to anyone else...and i hate to break it to you mom, but you're totally wrong..it was 5th grade...mr mac remember?
That sounded like something Mr. Mac would do, but I would have sworn that it was a male part. Sorry, teh.
It is rough getting old. :)
Post a Comment