Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Samantha's baptism

I thought I would take a minute to fill-in those who were not able to attend Samantha's baptism this past Saturday.

I picked up Nanny and we drove up Friday night and spent the night at the Hampton Inn on Madison Boulevard. They had the most inviting and comfortable beds ever! Holly met me at the hotel and she and I grabbed a late show at the local Carmike Cinema. Holly had purchased tickets in advance, just in case, but that turned out not to be necessary. We saw, "Because I Said So," with Diane Keaton. It was okay, but not one I would buy.

Saturday morning, there was a good turnout at the baptism: In addition to Charity, Cliff, and the girls and some of the members of their ward, the following family members were in attendance:

Marsha Stratton (Cliff's mother)
Clifford J. Stratton (Cliff's dad)
Nanny
Me
Sarah, Natalie & Mackenzie
Charles, Ashley, Charlie, Ryan, Josh & Cody
Amy, Logan & Emily
Holly
Uncle Jon, Aunt Debbie, & Melissa
Aunt Anne and Hisae
Bobby & Stacey, Benjamin, Lindsay, & Tyler Giles
Don Woods

The speakers were Marsha Stratton and Nanny and Cliff baptized and confirmed Samantha. There was a strong spirit there and Samantha was thrilled to finally be baptized.

Afterward, sugar cookies shaped like the number eight and frosted with polka dots were served with milk to all the guests, then the above-mentioned family members went to Charity and Cliff's for lunch catered by the China Buffet. I can't remember what the chicken was called (teriyaki?), but it was big chicken tenders on skewers with some kind of sauce/marinade. There was fried rice and chinese green beans, and Charity made a great salad with Aunt Anne Babich's Ginger Salad Dressing (see the cookbook). There was also a huge cake from Kroger which was completely eaten. Everything was delicious!

Afterward, most of us went over to Cliff's new practice to see what they have been working on so hard for the past few months. They were very successful in getting the vintage, Norman Rockwell look they wanted. Maybe Charity will put some pictures up on the site so those who are out of town can see how it looks.

Afterward, I took Nanny over to Madison Square Mall and helped her shop for clothes. She has been needing to do that for a long time so that worked out well. We made quite a pair hobbling around the mall, she with her cane and me limping around with my arthritic knee, but we got a lot done.

Logan rode back with us, but stayed at Charity and Cliff's while we shopped. He was snoring before we even got to the interstate and slept all the way home. Even with all the activities, I was able to be home and in bed by nine.

1 comment:

Holly Long said...

You forgot our adventures in Wal-Mart at 1:30 in the morning! Haha. Well, I didn't think that much of the movie either. Rather disappionted to say the least. Eh, next time.