Sunday, January 28, 2007
Random Story
For "catch-up" purposes, I am going to tell a bit about my trip to Washington. I do not think that I have told too many people that I went to Washington when Dad was there in October, but I went. I got to see Donna and Harry; Carol; Butch and Melissa; Donna and Harry's kids: Rebecca, Randy, Chris, and David (Cousins); and a few little ones (nieces and nephews coincidentally). I decided to go on a complete whim. In fact, I left Thursday morning and had to be at some school thing on Saturday at 8am. Yeah, I did not really think it through. I thought I was just driving to Richland which is only 8 or 9 hours, but Dad was in Republic which was another 4 hours North; so, total driving time: 12-13 hours. Anyway, Dad did not know that I was coming. Mary Sue gave me Donna's number and I just set it up with them. I showed up at Donna and Harry's at about 3 or 4 pm Pacific time. Donna had called the family and we chatted and got to know each other a little better for a little while. Harry drove me up to Butch's in our car, he wanted to give me a break from driving, I was grateful. I had just started to fall asleep around 7pm (Harry was driving) and I woke up to the sight and sound of us hitting a black bear that had shot out of the dense woods on our right. Yeah, it was crazy!! Fortunately for the both of us, we were not going very fast, I was wearing a diaper, and he was just a little guy. We turned around to view the damage to the bear and he had run off, Harry said that the bear was going to have one heck of a headache that night, I had to agree. I did not sleep for the rest of the way up. There was no damage to our car, thankfully; however, the bear did leave some hair for us that had caught in the crevices of the passenger side wheel wells, and he smeared off a lot of dirt that was on the car. I will tell about the rest of the story later. School is going well. Nothing too unbearable yet, and we are brainstorming more school plans for the future. Temperature is still below freezing every day. Snow has been on the ground for 4 weeks now, and we expect more this week. Matt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Matt-
Did you say that luckily when ya'll hit the bear, you were wearing a diaper? That cracked me up! Are you serious? Was that to save time so you wouldn't have to stop to use the bathroom? OH MY GOSH!
Post a Comment