This is a wonderful idea! I'm glad I've finally got time (well, sort of) to visit this thing, so I thought I would post to make it official. I just hope I'm doing it right. I guess I'll update you guys as of this fall...
A group from our sunday school class went to the Eliott Morris/Goo Goo Dolls/Counting Crows concert at the end of August. We had a lot of fun. Later this fall Neal and I saw Eliott Morris, again, at WorkPlay after his new album released. He is a local artist who is very talented (and pretty cute).
Neal's brother Andrew got married on September 22 and moved to London with his wife Kelly on September 24 for an international job opportunity with PriceWaterhouseCoopers. They are still getting adjusted to the European life style. They say the sights aren't too bad.
I took the PLS (Professional Legal Secretary exam) at the end of September. It is a four-part, six-hour exam. Five weeks later I got my results, letting me know I only passed one of the four parts of the exam. The next exam opportunity is at the beginning of March. I've already registered and am looking forward to joining the study group at the end of this month. Once I'm a certified PLS I'll be eligible to take the PP (Professional Paralegal) in the fall. I guess we'll see...
Neal and I have Alabama football season tickets, which has been quite an experience for me. We travelled to Knoxville the weekend of October 21 to hang out with some friends and then suffer through an excrutiating 13-16 loss to Tennessee in Neyland Stadium. Here are some pictures...
I'm not sure what was wrong with the camera guy who took the picture of Ollie, Neal and me. Oh well.
We hope to visit every SEC stadium (and Jacksonville) for a game over the next few years. Although it was a losing season, we had a blast! Neal was not sad to see Shula leave. We're excited to have Saban as the new coach, and we can't wait to see what he has in store for Alabama football!
I rocked out to Journey and Def Leppard at their concert at Verizon Wireless Music Center on November 1 with my friends, Laura and Matt. I don't have any band pics, but here's a weird picture of the three of us...
Blaire and Michael married on Saturday, November 11. I was her Maid of Honor. She was absolutely beautiful. It was a modest wedding, and it was perfectly suited for them. Congrats! I'm still waiting on some more pictures, but here are a couple pictures I was sent from that day...

Thanksgiving was short and sweet. It was great to visit with Charles's family and see everyone who was up there.
December brought lots of work, Christmas and Meredith leaving. It was great to have some time off, but it didn't exactly feel like Christmas. I think everyone was too busy this year to really get into the spirit, including me. I miss Meredith already. :(
A group of friends got together and hosted a New Year's party this year. We rented out the old Brazil restaurant space (now Nonna's II) and booked a band called OdieMcCool. They actually turned down a gig in Nashville to play for us. It was an absolute success. We had over 400 people show up to ring in the new year with us. I'm still waiting on some pictures.
Happy New Year! I'll keep you all updated as the year progresses!



4 comments:
From the sounds of it, you're no longer an Auburn fan......tsk, tsk. Our Christmas was a little like yours - it just didn't seem "Christmasy". Otherwise, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Tell Neal I said hello.
Well Ginny, it sounds like you are busy! I hope that you do well on your near future exams. Those sound scary to me...p-a-r-a-l-e-g-a-l...ahhh!! Anyway, it looks like all is well with you. Monday was the first time that I think I ever rooted for Florida...41-14..whhhat! Matt. Oh yeah tell Neal I know what he looks like.
Busy...yes. I like getting back to normalcy. (Is that how you spell that?)
I will tell Neal you said 'hello'. And I'll be sure to tell him that you know what he looks like. I'm sure he'll be flattered. He thinks he looks like a complete goof in that picture. Oh well.
Matt, Stuart Brock is Neal's brother. He remembers "Spaz" and asked how you've been doing.
Oh yeah...I am an Auburn fan. I just happen to love an Alabama fan. SEC Football is SEC Football. Anyway, they're just games.
Post a Comment