Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just a Few...

My camera tells me that I took 106 pictures Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, but I didn't think everyone would appreciate it if I posted all of them so I chose a few that I enjoyed and I hope everyone else will enjoy them too. I got a few videos and I tried to upload them so I hope they work.

Charity and CJ settling in.

Mom enjoyed the live music and even bought a CD!

The other side of the hangar.

CJ tried to join us outside but it was the coldest he had ever been and couldn't handle it so he waited with Charity inside.

Meredith and Ashley waiting in the cold!

A VERY blurry picture of the plane they came in on.

Lining up and taking off their gear.

Can you find Charles? It took us a while too...

It's just too cute of a picture, I couldn't NOT post it...

Just after they marched in. It sure was taking forever for them to let them go!

Kinda blurry but you can still see his shaved head!

Their first contact with each other.

I have to pat myself on the back for getting pictures of this, I was taking pictures with one hand and getting a video with the other hand, I hope Ashley is as satisfied with the video as I am with my pictures.

The hangar full of people...

Charles and Meredith

Mom really liked the way the picture of Charles and I turned out in front of the Airborne flag so she insisted on getting one as well.

Together at last.

I thought this was a cute one.

Charity's favorite...

It was such an amazing experience to be there Tuesday night as those Men and Women were reunited with their family and friends after they had been away serving our country for so long. I am so grateful to all of them and many more who have served and are still serving and for the sacrifices they make, as well as their families. I hope those of you who couldn't make it enjoy the pictures!



3 comments:

Matt and Jade said...

I'm so glad that Ashley went by herself. She really needed to be reunited with her husband before he reunites with his family. We are just glad we could do our part and help. We love you both.

Holly Long said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing these Teh! I think the coolest part is that this is in the middle of the night yet everyone has such energy and excitement! :) Thanks again Charles! I love you!

Ashley said...

Meredith you should be a photographer!! You did a GREAT job! I love it. You need to hook Charles up with a CD of the pictures when he comes for Thanksgiving. THANK YOU!