Yes, my car was broken, but I went to the mecca of car repair (Auto Zone) and they chastised my battery calling it names like "bad battery" with their electronic machine. Then they gave Olive a better behaved battery. Hopefully that will be the end of our troubles, but I am not going to give up researching possible obedience schools.
In other news...I am moved in!! Wait, that was this time last year, wasn't it? Actually, no. I've been in Arkansas residency denial since this time last year. In the midst of my (rather detailed and intense) cleaning of my apartment I finally sorted through the last box sitting on my bedroom floor. I also managed to clean out the boxes on the top of my closet AND put all the t-shirts from the two boxes I got back from mom on the top shelves of my closet. Saves me having to find a dresser!
Once my rotation is done at Capstone I'll start cutting up said t-shirts in an effort to help initiate the creation of a t-shirt quilt, whether by my own hand or by the hands of mom it's not the same. I should definitely brush up (read: learn some) on my sewing skills before attempting anything as complex as t-shirts.
Classes begin next week and the reality of being a second-year will officially sink in. I remember last year when we were watching the second-years' sessions we thought they knew what they were doing and had full confidence in everything. Now with the tables turned, I don't want to give anyone permission to watch my tapes! This semester we are taking Marital Therapy, Career Counseling, and Brief Solution Focused and Whitacre Therapy. Soon we'll have to start bragging on our "good" tapes and I don't have any of those yet.
In any case, it's nice to have a clean apartment (still have to clean the bathroom and the office) and a running car. It can't get better than this.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Pleeeease don't start cutting up t-shirts until you know what you are doing! Knit fabric is harder to sew on than woven fabrics.
You'll be here before I'm done at Capstone, no worries. :)
I'm glad you got Olive back in working order. Marcy blurts "maintenance required" every morning as I roll out of the driveway, then quickly stops. I think it is intense heat, or possibly the oil level changes over night while parked on the incline of my driveway. She also could use a bath. She has bugs between her teeth.
Yeah, I thought my check engine light was nothing (like everyone else's) but it's gone now that I have a new battery. It might just mean something. You know, Auto Zone will check what the light is for free if you ever get concerned.
Post a Comment