I haven't posted or commented lately because the site is blocked on the govt network I use at work (which is where I do most of my surfing) and I rarely come to the MWR because of the lines. Maybe someone could email me the new posts. I've been doing well here. It was nice to talk to almost everyone on Thanksgiving day. The network was very slow because everyone was trying to contact family. I managed to get a decent connection for quite a while but once it dropped out, I never could get back through. I apologize to those I didn't get to talk with.
We've been pretty busy over here but I've managed to get some good down time as well. A lot of celebrities came over here around Thanksgiving. I went to an Aaron Tippin Concert one evening and waited in line for about an hour to get a picture with him. He's been coming to deployed troops since the Persian Gulf war (when he went with Bob Hope & the USO). I don't really listen to a lot of his music, but I figured I had nothing better to do.
I've had my ups and downs lately but today I am doing good. I am teaching the church lessons on Wed. nights and just this past Sunday I was called to be an assistant group leader. I am the POC for my platoon on anysoldier.com It is a site where people who want to send letters or packages of support can find addresses of Soldiers. I'll email ya'll the link to my page. I have to screen the letters and packages before divvying them out to the guys, so I've been getting tons of stuff, but little, if any is for me. It is a lot different opening a package that is specifically for me.
Ashley and the boys are loving Utah. They've gotten snow a couple of times so far. We really have been blessed a lot. I love you all and hope you're doing well. Here's a couple more pics:



5 comments:
Cool Charles! Thanks for the update!
I think there is a way to receive an e-mail notice when someone has posted to the blog. Maybe some of our more tech-savvy family members can tell you how to do that so you'll get notified by e-mail when there is a new post...and I'll listen in so I can learn how too!
We love you- Hang in there!
I still have video of the Aaron Tippin performance with Bob Hope during the Persian Gulf! Nanny had me recording almost everything back then, haha. I'm glad you're doing well and Ashley et al are adjusting as well! Good to hear from you!
Woohoo! That's so cool. I'm glad you're doing well. I just beat rush hour traffic and made it to the post office in time to send you a package! Haha...I'm not sure if I was supposed to say that or not but oh well. You were gonna figure it out sooner or later! I love you and can't wait to be closer to Ashley and the boys soon!
The package Meredith sent is a "birthday party in a box." I had planned to include a note and mail it myself, but went down with a REALLY bad headache and had to sent her instead. I hope it will arrive in time to do you some good.
Wow...That's a great mustache Mr. Tippin's got going on there. It was good to hear from you on Thanksgiving, even though for a short time. We love you and miss you!!!
Post a Comment