Anyway, the point of this post is not my shape. After the ride Julie decided that we would get started on the project I asked her to do. She makes purses and I bought fabric around July/August for a birthday present for Meredith, but with everything so busy she hadn't done it, so we made Meredith's purse. I'll probably send it out...tomorrow or next week. Here's a picture to hold her over until then. I think it turned out cute. I might just keep it. :)

With my sewing machine joints greased I decided it was about time to pull out the remnants of a quilt I started nigh around 12 years ago for one of my 20 hour projects in Young Women. I will go ahead and state for the record that I DID work on it 20 hours before stopping. :) Mom was kind enough to drop it by on her visit. In any case, after a Lord Of The Rings Extended Version marathon the entire top is pieced together. It's not perfect, but it's halfway done and I'm pleased considering it's my first effort. Plus, it was nice to have something to focus on instead of letting this day get to me like it has been the past couple weeks, knowing it was coming. I just wanted to share.

Good luck tomorrow Ginny!



5 comments:
woohoo! i can't wait i'm so excited its so cute!
Good job, Holly! I found some directions for a t-shirt quilt. If you can hold off, I will send them to you.
I can wait for now. Orientation is next Monday and then I'll be all kinds of busy. :)
I learned last night that the picture looks better than the real thing! But it's still pretty good for a first effort!
Ouch! :P
Post a Comment