Saturday, August 9, 2008

Another day another dollar

I don't have my own blog, so I'll post my updates on this one.... I do use Facebook but not everyone in the family uses it and I don't want to leave anyone out.

One of my Soldiers reenlisted at the Al Faw palace the other day. I had never been there before, so it was a neat experience. I put a few new pictures in my album on Facebook. Pictures really don't do justice to the enormity of this structure. When you're looking at the pictures, make sure to compare the size of the building to the people. I would have liked to put the pictures on the blog so I could explain each one, but it takes forever to upload them, so I definitely don't want to do it twice. If you have questions about any of them, just post a comment.

On a different note, I have received verbal confirmation from my branch manager that he will send me to Ft. Huachuca after we redeploy. It's not official yet because I don't have orders, but I think it's reasonably safe to say that we'll be living in AZ for a few years.

With more than 10 months in country, it's easy to get excited about going home. Each day that goes by, I think about getting back to life as normal with my family. It's especially exciting to know that we'll have at least 3 years of stability once we get to AZ. We've been hearing rumors about possible coming home sooner than planned, but nothing official yet. Witnessing a redeployment ceremony is a wonderful experience and if any of you are interested in coming, please feel free to do so. We won't be able to help with accomodations though (we'll be in a hotel ourselves). We won't know when the plane will land until right before we take off (due to possible delays, etc.) so anyone wishing to attend would need to have a flexible schedule. If you think you may be interested, Ashley can tell you how AWESOME of an experience it is and can share tips and info she learned last time.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

You can count me in Babe!I'll be there with bells on!!

Bartholomew said...

I can't wait!!

Matt and Jade said...

oh boy, get a room.

Ashley said...

Gee Matt, why didn't we think of that?!

Charity said...

Will the redeployment ceremony be in Clarksville?

Bartholomew said...

The ceremony is in a hangar on the flight line of Ft. Campbell. The friends and family will get to watch the plane land and unload. Then they go in the hangar and the huge doors open and the Brigade will march in. It's really neat.

NanaBell said...

It would be wonderful to attend the redeployment ceremony. Do you have any idea of the date yet?

Bartholomew said...

We don't have a date yet...