Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rollercoaster of Love

We arrived in Utah about midnight on August 1st. It was so great to see Ashley and the boys. (My camera cord is packed somewhere so the battery is dead and no pictures for a while.) David enjoyed playing catch, baseball and a few video games (as well as washing the SUV) with the boys while I, um, watched, haha. The job search is exhausting and discouraging. The guy I had planned to meet up with was on vacation when I arrived.

Saturday we headed down to Salt Lake to spent the evening with the family of one of the missionaries that taught David. It was so much fun to spend time with them and take a break from the job search. Since we were already in Salt Lake we decided to stay with Aunt Anne & Uncle Robbie so it would be a shorter drive for my Monday interview.

I interviewed with the guy that got back from his vacation on Monday in Spanish Fork and it was a nice interview, but I left being told they decided that morning that they will not be hiring for another six to eight weeks. The other lead through Aspen Educational Group is great...if the woman would ever return my calls. There seems to be a dip in the market right now. Kids are returning to school which means they are not in residential facilities which means they don't need as many therapists as they did two months ago. Blah.

We have just ended up staying in Salt Lake for a little longer. Checking local staffing agencies, etc. and I've sent out resumes for jobs I'm not even sure I want. We're just ready to have a place to call ours! We'll be hanging out here for a while longer. We've talked with the ward employment specialist and gotten lots of leads for jobs, but that means we're both online pretty much all day (which isn't as fun as it used to be, I promise).

Wednesday I have an interview in Moab. While the location is pretty far off the map, they will pay back my student loans, which is a perk. At this point, we're less worried about location and more worried about getting on someone's nerves if we stay with them too long. We don't want to overstay our welcome anywhere, but we worry it may come to that.

We did get a chance to tour Temple Square (a first for David) and we saw the Joseph Smith: A Living Prophet movie which was just what we needed to gain a little perspective. If only we had time to watch it every day!

Anyway, please just keep us (specifically my job search) in your thoughts and prayers. We don't want to be nomads for much longer.

On the plus side, U-Haul found my car keys! *whew* We've been watching the Olympics with Anne & Robbie and David is now convinced that I have a crush on Michael Phelps. *psssht* Whatever!

3 comments:

NanaBell said...

You are both in my prayers. Since today is Wednesday, I guess you won't be going to Moab until next week. (David's jealous? Is there trouble in paradise?)

Charity said...

This will be a scary time for ya'll but it can strengthen you as a couple. Ya'll are in my prayers!

Bartholomew said...

Welcome to the real world! I hope ya'll get settled soon.