Friday, May 30, 2008

On The Move

I was trying to delay posting for various reasons, but I can't anymore! First of all, today I finished my third to last class. I have two more classes and then I GRADUATE!! *woot* It has been a long semester between huge presentations, no sleep, clients, and driving to Little Rock two to three times a week for practicum.

My practicum ended on Wednesday and it's going to be weird next week to not be spending four hours in a car with my closest friends, but also to have two entire days of FREE TIME!! Of course, I'll spend it either studying for my next class or working on my quilt. I've been taking step-by-step pictures, but I don't have them on my computer yet so you'll see those when I've made more progress.

This week I finished an application to a new Ph.D. program at BYU. They just created it and I'm excited to hear back from them, even though Nanny already told everyone I was accepted. Let's hope she's right!

When I finished my application I also finished updating my resume and I e-mailed it to one of the facilities in Utah. I got a call from them today and they want me to interview for their position of Admissions Director. By the looks of the job description I think they asked me to interview because of my work as a Legal Assistant, but I'm not one to complain. My interview is at 4:00 today and I hope it goes well. While I'm excited to hear back so quickly, I'm not sure I'd like to settle into a non-therapy position after all this work! The position is located rather close to the other branch of the Woods tree, so that would be pretty awesome! Plus, they have magic words like "tuition reimbursement" which I love to hear. :) I'll be sure and update you as soon as I know anything.

Ummm, what else? Some of you may know that I've been on and off with a guy here that was recently baptized. While we get along a lot, he's not too thrilled about my moving to Utah, so decisions in regard to that are in deliberation I suppose. Still, it has been nice to have a friend outside of school. It makes me feel like I have a life or something. :) I'm sure, again, if there are updates you will hear about it.

3 comments:

NanaBell said...

In deliberation? Hmmmm. . .

Ashley said...

Holly , where in Utah is the position you have the interview for? A Master's graduate,how exciting!!

Holly Long said...

The interview for the therapist position was in Syracuse, I think. They said they technically cannot offer me anything until I've got my degree, so it's just a wait and see thing. :)