Friday, March 7, 2008

U2 may have missed the boat....

OK- It all started when Alex came home from babysitting last weekend. She said,"You will never believe where the "so & so's" went on their date." For the record, this is highly unusual that she talks about anything related to her babysitting experiences so I was naturally curious. I said "Where?" She said, "They went to a U2 Concert movie that was in 3D!" Knowing that U2 is my FAVORITE band, Alex thought I might be interested in this tidbit of information. I questioned her to find not much more information about this movie, so of course I had to investigate further and ask the sister in our ward who had Alex babysit.

So this was funny- I am paraphrasing our conversation so you'll get the jist. When I inquired about the movie she said, "when we told Alex where we went she said, 'I can't wait to tell my mom!' and I was mortified! I thought she was going to tell how wicked we were for going to see a movie about a band!" She went on, "Alex saw the look on my face and she said,' My mom LOVES U2! They are her favorite!" She said she was so relieved! That cracked me up! If people only knew...

Anyway - so I do some searching this week and found this website for the movie, but I am having a horrible time finding times that its playing anywhere and now I am worried that I MISSED THE BOAT! AGH!!!!! It lists about 4 theaters in Huntsville, but when I go to their sites it doesn't list it as showing! Cliff was going to take me this weekend and now I can't find it! If anyone has any information regarding this, please comment :(

Also- Samantha has been sick since Wednesday with what we think is the flu, and seems to be picking up today, although I have a splitting headache and my chest hurts. I promise I have been washing my hands! I hope this doesn't get me sick! I still need to post my haircut for ya'll, but I wouldn't want to change your current expectations for how long it takes me so...we'll see.

5 comments:

Holly Long said...

So, I saw previews for the movie ages ago and failed to tell you. It's playing in Little Rock. :) I'm a slacker of a sister.

Bartholomew said...

I went and saw it.........It was great......still have the souvenir 3D glasses too.

JK

I hope you get to see it.

Sarah said...

Did you steal my favorite band? Wow...if you ever try to break into my checking account and it asks my favorite band, you'll know it. Now I'll have to change it to the BeeJees or something...

Sarah said...

Oh, and btw, Natalie said that Scott took the girls to the Chattanooga Aquarium a couple of weeks and it was playing there. Apparently, they "begged" him to take them to it but he didn't think they would want to see it. Are you kidding? They ARE my children!!?!?!?

Matt and Jade said...

I think the movie is done for, you'll probably have to wait 6 months or so just as anxious as you can be, like a mountain biker waiting for the snow to melt, haha!