Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sorry...

no pictures this time. Not too much has been going on over here. We are 4 weeks out from the end of the semester. If you have not heard, Jade and I are not going to Germany this summer. We decided after prayer and deliberation that though a great opportunity, it is not for us right now. We'll be hanging around Ogden, working, and maybe doing day trips here and there, but that's about it. The semester is well and much better than last semester. I only received two A's and the rest were B's last semester :( It has been great having Ashley and the boys close by to hang out with and eat their food. (Thanks Ashley!) Just kidding, it is wonderful to watch the boys grow up and figure stuff out. My outdoorsy/uncley/manly sides have really been satisfied since they've been here. Jade is working at Housing on Campus, I'm still at the UPS Store, and we are RA's until the end of this semester. We will not be returning RA's in the fall. My ping-pong buddy is going to Germany for the summer, then him and his wife are moving to Salt Lake, I'll miss him. No ROTC during the summer, though I have been told that I need to train to compete in the Ranger Challenge Team again in the fall. I have decided to take the GRE next fall in possible preparation for Graduate School, so I'll study for that over the summer too. We just got our car out of the shop and had to buy a new battery because the old one died while the shop had it. We've had the car for about 3 1/2 years (I think) and have put 95000 miles on it. Yeah, wow. If anyone is thinking about buying the Dodge Caliber (http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/caliber/) it is a pretty nice little car. The most impressive feature it has, in my opinion, is a 110 volt outlet in the center console so one does not have to purchase a car charger for a cell phone. Neat, hunh? We had the Caliber as a rental when our car was in the shop. I got into an accident (first ever) almost two months ago when the roads were icy. There was little damage; I was only going about 25 mph. I hope everyone had a good Easter. Jade and I had a picnic after a nice Easter program at church then after the picnic we went to Ashley and the boys for a small BBQ. It was a lot of fun! Well, this is all I can think of to update everyone on. Wait...only 79 days until Ginny gets married! Just kidding Ginny, we love you and pretty much Neal too!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for update Matt.... how much damage did you do to your car?

Matt and Jade said...

Very little. The bumper had been bumped in and the tip of the hood had bent a little, the grill broke, that's all really.

Holly Long said...

"and pretty much Neal too!" HAH!

Thanks for the update Matt! You rock!

NanaBell said...

Thanks for the update, too. I bet it's just as good for Ashley and the boys to have you around as it is good for you and Jade to have them around. BTW, is there anything Neal can do to get an unqualified endorsement?