Charles, maybe this is something y'all can do for fun. The CO2 car I think will work now that I have some more information, because I saw one in action at the derby. Oh, our pinewood derby had only one rule, no flames. Yeah, so it was pretty much awesome.
I ended up bringing my old derby car that Charles made for me and I painted when I was like 10 or eleven, haha. The weight was in regulations, under 5 oz., and I still was 5th out of 24, pretty good. The trick is the wheels, mine are not allowed in regular pinewood derbys. Charlie brought his car and his was completely within regs and he was 9th over all! There were two remote control cars and one solid lead car. One remote control car had a propeller on the front and took second and the lead car took 3rd.
This video is Charlie vs. the Lead Brick. It is hard to see it, but Charlie took first on this round. How the race worked is that each car ran on each of the 4 lanes and the ranking was taken from the average time over the four lanes for each car. First place was taken by the couple that provided the track; their car was made out of PVC, it was exactly 5 oz. and their wheels had a tiny little ridge in the middle of the wheel that it rode on, it was sweet. Anyway, I thought I would post some pictures.
Someone brought their laptop with all the old Nintendo games and it was available on a projector,
and there was yard golf, which we took a shot at, Ryan was pretty good and Charlie got frustrated with it. Oh yeah, this is a video that I took a week or so ago of Charlie. If you can't tell he has a little face thing on his hand that is singing, good one Charlie!



13 comments:
That's really cool about the Pinewood Derby cars! I will admit that I tore up one of your old ones when I was at home...or maybe it was Logan's...I'm not sure. Either way I used it to upset Mom by using it as a hammer. It was pretty funny!
Matt you're an awesome uncle!
What fun! It sounds like a the ward there has a great Cub Scout pack. Out here, they did well just to get the track set up and use the white board to keep track of the races. I agree with Ashley that Matt is being a great uncle.
It sounds like you guys had fun. Man, I miss old Nintendo games, or is it beating the old Nintendo into submission that I miss? (discuss amongst yourselves)
I love Charlie's rendition of "Give Me The Beat Boys". I didn't know they had classic rock out there. I thought that was just a thing of The South.
Yes Matt, you are great! I remember shaving those wheels down for you.
Ginny, those boys are raised on classic rock....no matter where we live, we will always have classic rock, because we are Woods'. Would you expect anything less?
P.S. You should ask the boys about singing "Fat Bottom Girls" during karaoke at the WARD new year's eve party..... That's right - they know the words to that song too.
I bet they came up with a whole bunch of different ideas with only the no flame rule!!! Thats a little scary!! :)
This is killing me! I need a sound card and some speakers! I'm missing half the fun! :c(
P.S. I just googled the lyrics for "Fat Bottomed Girls." If what I found is correct, I'm not sure how pleased I am that Charlie and Ryan know them. :( [grin]
I googled the lyrics too. emmp.
I guess I should start studying up on Pine wood derby regulations while this boy is in utero, huh?
That sounds like so much fun...I think I'll make a request that we have that as a ward activity! Too fun!
What does emmp mean?
Okay, so I went to http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/EMMP and these are the differenct definitions for EMMP:
Embedded Mobile MP3 Player
Enterprise Mission Management Portal
Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan
Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan
Equipment Maintenance Management Program
However, I don't think any of these are what Matt meant....
Charity, I think you should let Cliff do something! Maybe the Derby cars can be his thing, but you can still operate the sander. :)
Post a Comment