Friday, June 22, 2007

Best Friends

Yesterday was our presentation for our Star Wars Imminent Death Therapy. I would say it was well received. We were the first group and by far the most entertaining (with a dash of teaching)! One of my classmates has a side business with DVDs etc. and is going to transfer the VHS of our mock therapy to a DVD so I'll have to bring it along to the next family activity to let you giggle a little bit.

Rotations this week at Capstone were a little rough for me. I got in "trouble" a couple times and if I were one of the boys I'd probably have about five hours of "consequences", but since I'm "staff"...well, either way I'm not handling it well. On the up side, one of the boys is from Birmingham and has pretty much had a pretty bad round there, but we were able to find a mutual friend and his mood and interaction with me has improved a lot which is good. Also, another boy has dubbed me his "best friend" and in spite of the fact that there are limits to it, it's nice to have someone that isn't always scowling at me every day like some of the boys/staff. Oh, and the dogs! Sure, they smell, but they are so sweet! I'm slowly thinking I will have aspirations to own one (if not more) Labrador Retrievers in the future.

Stake Conference here has become a weekend ordeal. A 10:00 meeting on Saturday with the General Authority's wife, the original 7:00 adult session, the 8:00 am Sunday morning choir practice (that I'll probably try to do), the 8:30 am YSA meeting and then the typical 10:00 Sunday session which puts me in Little Rock pretty much all weekend. I'm stoked to get so much exposure to church this weekend. It feels like a mini General Conference, but without MOTAB and good ol' President Hinckley. Okay, so not conference.

Next week is finals week, or, final week. Then another class starts the first week of July. One month classes are great. *note sarcasm*

It's about time I work on my homework or something like that. :)

2 comments:

NanaBell said...

You know what Meredith says, "Homework is highly overrated." (Or something like that.) Sounds like a busy weekend. Hope you enjoy!

Holly Long said...

I probably said that first. I just have to review some pages of a chapter for our next presentation (Family Feud), review two journal articles, and do an entire workbook before Thursday, with rotations this week and a final exam. :) Not much.