Thursday, June 14, 2007

New Therapy Techniques

Well, it seems that my entire family has died. *sigh* Thanks for letting me know! :)

In any case, tomorrow is the last day of "Family Week" at Capstone where I have my rotation. It has been a very revealing week for the families as well as some things I learned about myself. It will be interesting to see how the families have grown since I saw them on Tuesday (before they start their one-on-one counseling).

Yesterday I made my way back down to Little Rock for the first time since March. Brother Goddard was on vacation, so Institute wasn't all I had hoped it to be and several of the people that I left as friends are gone because they are out of school for the summer. Drastic change! Afterward I stuck around and caught Ocean's 13 which was pretty great. :)

I started a new client today with my adopted brother (oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you have another brother). This is my first co-therapy session with a classmate and the pressure was on! I'm glad to have the help, but some clients (especially ones that talk over each other) are more difficult than others. I look forward to seeing where they go in therapy.

Not much else going on here. The ward choir is singing on Sunday. It's an old hymn that I really like called "This Is My Father's World" or something like that. It has great harmonies, I wish I had a recording of it just to listen.

We have group presentations next week for Research Methods and we are encouraged to "be creative" so tomorrow night I am meeting with my group-mates and we are creating something we like to call..."Star Wars Therapy". In class we'll present the "session" and then discuss the Ethical concerns and the research validity of such a model of therapy. I expect it to be quite humorous. I mean, co-therapists, one Luke Skywalker and one Darth Vader dressed up in session, with a "client" and a "Jedi council" in the opposing room where we can voice in suggestions. Oh, it will be hilarious!! :) I will have to find a way to take/post pictures if possible.

Well, that's all the fun in my world. Time to go home and watch a movie.

5 comments:

Al said...

Whats your "brother from another mothers" name?I want to know my new uncles name.

Holly Long said...

Ryan :)

Al said...

cool

NanaBell said...

Star Wars Therapy sounds like a hoot. Did you get any pictures?

Matt and Jade said...

I am not sure about that. Sorry we did not tell you about our trip, we didn't really die.