Friday, May 25, 2007

How Do You Use Your Insomnia For Good?

Yes, I'm awake at almost 2:30 in the morning. No, I haven't been up all night. I just woke up an hour or so ago and am about to embark upon making cheesecakes for some people I know that are investing in my services. (While I'm awake I might as well take advantage of it!)

Anyway, I saw Matt's picture over to the right and it reminded me of a sign from nigh around thirteen years ago. Mom was taking me to the Green Springs office to get my permit and there is a KFC on the opposite side of the road. As we were leaving the satellite office we passed the KFC sign with the phrase "Closed for Remodeling" on it. At first glance that isn't really anything, but when you looked to see what was closed, you saw a building that was completely flattened! The rubble still resting from the demolition earlier in the week. Silly.

Today is the last day of our group processes class and we finished things up early so we are spending the morning at Capstone doing more ropes course type stuff, but with the five others that weren't at the first two days. Our final is enveloped somewhere in the day and I have no clue what it is, so I'm just going to try and flow with it.

Next week we have more ropes course training and I'm planning on getting pictures of me "getting high" as they call it. We also begin our practicum and it is my last day of employment. *yikes*

I have to meet the rest of my class in five hours so if I want to get these cheesecakes done I should get started.

4 comments:

NanaBell said...

Holly,
Your memory is phenomenal! Enjoy it while you can. Right, Charity?

Charity said...

I have no recollection of whatever you might mean, mother. Ha..ha...ha...it's really not that funny :P

Holly Long said...

The plus is that if it's good right now, I imagine that when it deteriorates it will just seem like the same as everyone else's. At least, a girl can dream.

NanaBell said...

Believe it or not, my memory used to be pretty doggone good! Almost photographic. Now look at it. Your day will come.