Well, as I already explained to mom, the missing post was written when I wasn't really awake or alert and in hindsight it sounded silly so I deleted it, haha.
Things here are going okay. We had ropes course training last week which was really a growing experience, but there was some damage control that I had to take care of this morning with my professor. Not really the easiest thing to do, me confronting a professor, but I hope that says something about me that I was able to do it without chickening out. :)
This week as far as clients has been slow. I had two appointments, both DNKAs and then I had my first solo session with my first client (we have been doing co-therapy the whole time) last night so it was good, but I still question it compared to before.
The BEST part is that grades were posted yesterday and I just checked them. There was the Ethics class that the test took hours to do. 25 case scenarios where we had to list the ethical considerations, what was done wrong, if anything, and what should be done. It took several pages and I may have developed carpal tunnel from just that one test. In my communications class we had this test that is really difficult every year. This year was no exception and with a 13/50 and the curve I got a C. Everything I had heard about the test was that you can't study for it, so I didn't. I had classmates that studed for HOURS and did almost as well as I did and I didn't want to feel like I had wasted my time. Following this test, we were given the option to write a paper about what we learned from the book and Milton Erikson to bump up the test a letter grade. There were so many things going on last week I opted against writing an "optional" paper. The points were pretty balanced with 100% on reaction papers and class participation and a 95 and 98 on my paper and presentation, so I wasn't concerned about a measley C on a lower pointed test. So, this time mom, you can't say "You got a B?!" because I didn't. FOUR As.
That's what I'm talkin' about. ;)
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Way to go, Holly!
Nice job Holly!! Oh, the life of a student is great, but I am sure that the life of a graduate student is better!! You are awesome!!
Great job on the grades, Holly! You underachiever you!
Yeah, I tried (obviously) for less than stellar, but apparently my efforts were thwarted by the partiality of my professors. :P
Thanks guys!
Post a Comment