Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Starting on a high note


Today was orientation for my practicum at Capstone Treatment Center. (The video on the site is my professor, Dr. Hickmon.) It only took about half an hour because we already had beenup there for the ropes course training. Because I have plans next weekend I went ahead and volunteered to work this weekend. I keep hearing that you get tired of all the work from at least one person. I really am looking forward to it and hope that I don't end up as bitter and cynical about it as some. I really like it out there and can see how the program works. In any case, practicum starts Friday.

After our orientation we went to get fingerprinted at the police station. That was an experience! So, I suppose I cannot commit any crimes now because my prints are in the system.

It has been an exhausting couple of days with ropes course training. I sent out a link to my album that I posted on facebook, but I'm going to go ahead and post a couple pics from Monday. The element that we did on Monday is called the Multi-line. The first cable is 40 feet in the air and the second is about seven feet above that and has ropes hanging between six to eight feet apart. You have to use the hanging ropes to get from one side to the other. It was crazy madness for sure. Can't wait to do it again!

4 comments:

Charity said...

Oh my FREAKIN Gosh--I saw your pictures you sent out from your facebook and that looks terrifying to me. I'm not sure what that says about me, but I am scared of heights. I don't know how you did that! Good job!

Holly Long said...

Not only that, but Julie and I were the FIRST ones to do it, so we hadn't seen anyone else do it and didn't know for sure that we would be caught if we fell!

NanaBell said...

So did you fall?

Holly Long said...

of course NOT!!