I know that I just posted, but I'm awake early on a Saturday morning and it should be recorded. :)
The last day of class yesterday went better than I expected. We didn't end up doing many lows and just played a few icebreaker games (to train us in group counseling of course) and then talking about it. In the end, we ended up confronting one of my classmates that doesn't seem to be making an effort to change/grow for the better. I mention this because...I'm the one that started it. We went around the entire circle of the fourteen of us and nobody had brought it up, and it needed to be. For the next hour and a half we talked to this girl, made her cry, cried a little with her (at least I did) and I really hope that she makes an effort. In any case, I say all that to say...I don't really remember most of the things I said. Particularly whatever it was that my professor punctuated by making a "hitting the ball out of the park" noise. So, apparently I was on, but I don't remember it. Whenever I can't remember what was said, I pretty much know that it wasn't me. I feel so grateful to be used as an instrument in the Lord's hands. That He constantly fills my sessions when I let Him and that the words can be delivered in effective, honest, confronting, but kind ways. In any case, it was a good experience and I have two more days next week, but not with some of my classmates.
The other thing I wanted to share was this picture of a cheesecake I made last night. I keep an album of my cheesecakes on my facebook, but this is the prettiest one I've made so far and I feel the need to brag a little. :) It's a shame it's being bought and I'll never taste it. Not that I don't enjoy the income. ;)



4 comments:
That is beautiful! How did you get that design on the top?
I can't divulge all my secrets! Okay, just this one.
I dripped the sauce on the top, did a spiral from the outside in, then did alternating lines going inside and outside from the middle. :)
Yeah, I pretty much rock.
Mm...that looks SO GOOD! I've been meaning to try and attempt the Raspberry Mousse one but...yeah...you gotta have money for that!
That is a beautiful cheesecake. I am glad that they turned out well. When does class start again? Great job Holly, I look up to you.
Post a Comment