Friday, May 11, 2007

I guess I can post now.

I am not sure why, but I was not going to post until I got my grades back. Not too much has been going on. I taught a lesson in Elders Quorum last Sunday; I started my new job this week; I have my grades; and we're going camping this weekend (today). The lesson was on the hymns of the church with the theme of "Is this the song of my heart?" I think it turned out well. My new job is just a summer job with housing on campus. There are conferences all around and we offer our lodging to these groups for a great price. So, I will help check them in and out and make sure that they are taken care of. There are no specific hours at all, we just do the job. I got five A's and one B (in Public Speaking). I think I may have received the B because we were given a time limit for each speech, and I went clear over every time. The weather has been great and I have gone mountain biking quite a bit. The mountains just behind campus are strewn with all sorts of trails. I will probably go again this morning. We are going camping on Antelope Island the island, on the Great Salt Lake. It should be fun, there is a lot of stuff to check out on the island. Not much else has been going on, but it had been a while since I posted; I apologize.

5 comments:

NanaBell said...

Congratulations on the good grades! Hope you enjoy your summer. Camping sounds like fun. Not much going on here.

Charity said...

Good job on the grades. Thanks for the update!

Bartholomew said...

I miss having mountains and trails so readily available. Have fun!

Al said...

good job!

Holly Long said...

Matt, seriously sounds like you kids are having fun! When you come here, we should hike Sugarloaf, you'd love it!