Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Good Day

For those of you not "in the know" I got a cool book from Matt and Jade for Christmas called "The Dog Poop Initiative". It's such a fun book with a great point and I've shared it with most of my classmates and one has already ordered it to add to his collection!

In other news, I terminated another client tonight. Termination is a rarity in the therapy world because most clients just stop coming instead of getting better and not needing to return anymore. This is my third client termination and it's really exciting this time because of how bleak things were...a matter of weeks ago! To top it off, he has a friend he wants to refer to me. To have a client refer someone to you is a HUGE compliment and I'm glad to be given the opportunity to help someone else.

I've got pictures to post of mom under Meredith's quilt (and me under mine) but my cord for my camera is misplaced so as soon as I find it, you'll get the pictures. Honest.

Saturday my friend and classmate, Winter, got married and it was so much fun! The chapel at Harding overlooks the front lawn where all the lights are so it was gorgeous! Steve, another classmate, was the officiator and it was very special. The groom's cake was a LABRADOR RETRIEVER!! It was wild. Full size in sitting position with a duck in its mouth. Again, I have pictures, but...yeah.

What else? Um, I'm speaking in church on Sunday and my adopted brother and his wife are going to come! I'm really excited that they are going to come and I hope it's a good experience for all involved.

Finally, I know I was rather tight-lipped about my plans after graduation, but now that things seem a little more solid I think I can share, but I retain the right to change my mind in the next six months. :) Ph.D. applications are almost complete. I'm applying to Virginia Tech and University of Louisiana at Monroe. If I'm accepted to Virginia Tech I'm going there for sure, if Ph.D. is the way I'm going. (I've since heard it's the #1 school!) If I'm not accepted to either then I'll pick a state, get licensed, find a job and work there. I haven't excluded Alabama yet. If I'll just be working then the South is the destination right now. For the record, Florida is not the South. :) So, that's where I am right now. Virginia is making their decision the first week in February about interviews, etc. and if everything is in by then, I should know in three weeks whether or not I'll be making the trip up there which is exciting. It will be really nice to have my future after July decided so early in the year. *whew*

I think that's all my good news for now. :) School starts on Tuesday!

2 comments:

NanaBell said...

Thanks for posting, Holly. It will be exciting to hear what happens next. Looking forward to the pictures, too. I need to study up on "my" camera so I can post pictures.

Matt and Jade said...

Sounds awesome Holly! Good luck with applications!! We can now call you "the terminator," bum, bum, bum. Congrats on the referral too. It is always good to hear from you!!