Thursday, January 24, 2008

So...

So I decided yesterday that I wanted to make some chicken and rice, not the baked kind. Ya know the kind that you boil the chicken and then cook the rice in the broth and all that jazz. Haha, I was very hesitant to do it at first because well...it's raw meat and...it's ME. But I soon got over it and pulled it out.

Cleaning it was pretty sick, I'm not going to lie. I dropped it a couple times because it was grossing me out, but I finally finished it.

Alice refused to touch the chicken and volunteered to open the cans of chicken broth for me since my hands were all nasty.

After it was done boiling, I took the chicken out and and took all the meat off the bones, which was also nasty. (Alice and I had just gotten home from the gym, hence why we match, we don't always wear matching clothes.)



I'm sure if Mom or Charity were here, they could have picked at the chicken alot better than I did but, this was satisfying to me.

So, it wasn't until maybe 12 or 1 that the chicken and rice was finally done, but I was excited to eat some and proud that I did all that nasty stuff with the chicken! Hope everyone enjoys the pictures!

3 comments:

Holly Long said...

I'm proud of you Meredith! It looks yummy and makes me hungry!

NanaBell said...

Good job, Meredith! For future reference: if you boil the chicken long enough, it will just fall off of the bones and all you have to do is pick them out. If you have a crockpot, you can put the chicken in that and let it cook all day. Just add a little salt and pepper, not liquid needed. After cooking like that all day, it almost makes it's own broth.

Sarah said...

Wow....i'm impressed!!! Save some for me.