Sunday, January 13, 2008
Momentous...
I have not posted something in months, sorry y'all. School has started again and I think that I have prepared enough mentally and physically to be able to complete what needs to be during this semester. I have already begun to say "no" to things so I do not become overwhelmed, which is a breakthrough. I am taking the following courses: Family in Stress, Earthquakes and Volcanoes, ROTC, PT, Communication Law, Library Science, and Information Technology. I had a good first week and it snowed like this...
on Wednesday of last week (this is taken from work; yep I still had to go in). Then Friday and Saturday I went to the local "Klondike" scouting event with Charlie. It was a blast! I was anxious for the main part of the Klondike, which was to build a snow cave and sleep in it. It was fantastic! I had not had that much fun in a long time. Charlie went with his scout group last weekend and piled up snow so it would be compacted for this weekend.
We had to build it up a little because other scouts had come and messed it up, so...that is why it looks fresh. So we built it up and then started digging, and digging, and digging, and finally we had a snow cave.
It was cozy because it was about 11:15pm and I wanted to go to bed, but it was still pretty big. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Thank you so much for going with Charlie on his first scout campout. It's hard knowing that I had to miss it, but I'm glad that he could go with you instead. Oh, and by the way, Ashley's getting the kids' hair cut tomorrow!!
Wow! Charlie looks so grown up! It looks like you had lots of fun! :)
That's so cool! I can only imagine how cold it was considering that's what I look like everyday when I get to class! And I was going to say something about Charlie's hair but Charles beat me to it!
I think it's funny that we all thought the same thing when we saw Charlie's hair! I think he looks great in a military hair cut, but maybe he needs the extra hair to keep his head warm in all that cold! I'm glad that Matt could go with Charlie, too. Y'all can HAVE that snow. I think it's cold in Alabama right now. (It was down to 27 last night and will only be in the mid 50s today.)
Charles can't say anything about Charlie's long hair! He kept his hair long until his mom chopped it off and made him look like Moe!It's only a phase these kids go through.
Hey, I'm not the only one who made him look like Moe! Does anyone remember that mushroom haircut Sarah gave him?
Oh my gosh!! Thanks for bringing that up.... All I wanted was to look cool.
You did look cool Charles!! You attracted a hot young girl that you ended up marrying, didn't ya???
Post a Comment