Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Reunited and it feels so good...


So we went to the Rexburg Temple Open House Saturday night when we got into town and the temple is on the VERY top of the hill and the wind blows really hard...so needless to say we were FREEZING! This is a picture of Alice and I trying to stay warm!

This is one of the many pictures of the temple that I took, if you are interested in more...let me know and I can email them to you!

There were many snow storms coming from many directions the day that we left Provo but we were lucky enough to have clear roads up until about 15 minutes before Pocatello and it only lasted for about 30 miles.

About 15 minutes before we got to Rexburg traffic slowed down and eventually stopped, we finally were directed to the shoulder of the road and as we passed by we saw this car. It was coming from the other direction and fell asleep, drove across the median, rolled a couple times and ended up landing like this. It's not too good of a picture but I hope you can see it. We were lucky to be able to make the drive and make it there safely after only 4 hours!


For those of you who remembered...these are my roommates from last Winter, Emily and Casey. They live in a different complex now but they threw a Ohio State party (Casey is a Buckeye and Emily is marrying one in April. It was good to see them and catch up!

I was very excited to get my quilt. I found out that it's a perfect cuddling blanket (That's Alice in case you can't tell). Thanks MOM!

This didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to, but it's just proof that I'm in Rexburg, this icicle is like 4 feet long and massive!

I miss everyone tons, but am glad to be back at school. Classes start tomorrow and with 16 credits I'm pretty sure I'll be busier this semester. I hope everyone's doing well and enjoys the pictures!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

I love the pictures Teh! The mountains are breathtaking. I miss you!

NanaBell said...

Thanks for posting, Meredith. Hope you enjoy your classes. (I'm still waiting to see those grades.)

Matt and Jade said...

Good stuff meredith! You are such a picture-taker! That's awesome! It is cool that you were able to go to the open house. Good luck with classes tomorrow!!