Sunday, January 20, 2008

Something fell out of the sky TODAY and I've become very familiar with it :)


So for those of you who don't know...the beds in our apartments are...not the best. They are also very low to the ground so it is not rare that you find the beds here up on cinder blocks to raise them up off the ground and have more storage room. The day we moved in, Alice and I went and found 8 blocks but unfortunately they were frozen to the ground and we didn't want them to melt on our carpet so we resorted to melting the ice with a hair dryer.

This is Alice in her SWEET footy pajamas. She was very excited (if you can't tell) to be able to wear them and she actually got hot after a little while.

This is Karen playing her guitar. We keep that exercise ball in our living room and often use it as a place to sit or a foot rest. She has some pretty interesting songs that she plays on her guitar, or at least tries to play. If anyone ever stops by here, you might be lucky enough to hear a song from her!

So, Thursday it snowed all day and all night. I really can't think of a time that it has stopped since then! It was snowing pretty heavy on our way home from church and I had a pretty good amount of snow on my coat and in my hair (even though this picture doesn't show most of it). The snow behind me is the sidewalk and courtyard that is covered in snow October through most of April. So all you people down South complaining about snow and thinking it's SO COLD, haha get over it! It's about 5 degrees at noon with a windchill of who-knows-how-cold...mainly because the campus is on a hill and it's always blowing pretty hard. Alice and I went sledding with Andrew and Christy and some of her friends yesterday at the dunes and we had a blast! I'd never been sledding before and it was definitely an experience better than that time Matt slid down the hill by the basketball court at Windcliff and hit his butt on the curb at the bottom of the hill and then wouldn't let me go. You guys should all come up and come tubing with us sometime! I didn't get the chance to take pictures but I'll get some from Christy soon and I'll try to remember to post those. I hope that everyone is doing well and I'm excited for all the new things happening! I love and miss everyone tons! Hope you all enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I know that the cold down here is nothing compare to what ya'll have but its "unusual" for us folks down hur.

Matt and Jade said...

Those are some sweet footy's. Sounds like you are back in full school swing!

NanaBell said...

Thanks for posting, Meredith. Now I know what to get YOU for Christmas next year!