Monday, February 4, 2008

Black hole archives...from Charity

Here are some long overdue pictures. Beginning with Samantha's "Pop Star" party.
Her cake was a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame with her name on it. I didn't get an up close picture before they ate it. Oops!Samantha and all of her "pop star" friends. Alex stood at the door with a red carpet, dressed as a bodyguard and only let the girls in if their name was on the list.
This is Samantha reading her letter from Uncle Charles and opening her gift.
She wears that necklace almost everyday. She loves it. Alex loves hers too, but I didn't get pictures. She alternates wearing the necklace from Charles, and the necklace from Ryan ( a boy in her Algebra class who is smitten with her). Oops..Alex...did I overshare? :)
Alex's first HONKIN' ZIT! Welcome to the teenage years!


Alex with a few of her friends that went with her ice skating for her birthday party, being silly.
We forgot to get candles, so you'll note the single candle and the #4 to represent 14 years.
All of the girls at the ice skating rink.



This last weekend our ward had a Chili Cookoff . Robbie and Michelle and their kids came up for eye exams and joined us for the ward activity before heading back to B'ham. Robbie and CLiff entered the pie eating contest. Robbie won in his group, and Cliff would have won in his group if he had stopped laughing so much! We had a blast! Here are a few shots from that:Robbie and Garrett Trappett.



Hope this uploads! Oh- also I won the "Best Chili" award too! They also had a hot pepper eating contest, but no one we came with was that foolish. I think the winner ate 10 in 2 minutes! Crazy I tell you!

7 comments:

Mere said...

WOW! Samantha's party looks like it was a blast! Alex-it only gets better from here. Believe me, I know! The pie eating contests look funny and I completely understand the whole laughing thing. I was trying to climb up a sand dune and every time I started to laugh I would lose myself and fall back down the dune! It was hilarious, definitely something you had to be there for though!

NanaBell said...

Most of this was very enjoyable, but I think Charity should get the award for the most gross posts. Matt's toe in the last post, then Alex's zit in this one. Yuck! TMI, TMI!

Matt and Jade said...

Yeah, what Mom said! Holy smokes that zit is huge and boy is it a big one for a first! Great pictures from the parties, they look like a lot of fun! You guys are so creative! Pie eating contest, hunh? That is just cool.

Holly Long said...

I see that Cliff talked you into going to Wendy's again for the chili cook-off. Isn't that cheating? :D Kidding!

Sarah said...

Sand dunes Meredith? Where did that come from? You better be careful, Grandma took a little spill at the sand dunes. Broke her coccyx. I and 3rd what Matt and Mom said. Gross pics...wow. I may skip breakfast. The rest of em are precious though. Can't believe how grown up our kids are getting. I really should start saving for cars and college. These years fly by!

Bartholomew said...

LOL!! Sarah, that's hilarious....broke her cocyx. Great post and comments.

Ginny said...

I'm not a big fan of zit close ups. It looks like January was a busy and fun month for you guys!