Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Snow, Nor....Owl?!

I started to respond in the comments and it was getting too long!

I'm finally home. It turns out Mapquest was right about that 11 hours and 57 minutes, even keeping the speed limit! I'm feeling much better, but haven't quite gotten my appetite back, which may help me fit into my bridesmaid dress. :) I had about 16 e-mails when I got home...none from VT. Stinkers! Tomorrow I'll be at the hospital all day so unless they call me, I won't know until late tomorrow night (if that soon).

I felt pretty good (aside from being sick) before the interviews and there wasn't really anything that happened that made me question that, so I hope I'm not wrong. :) I'll be sure and let everyone know as soon as I know.

The drive home went a lot faster this time. Maybe because it was daytime. Maybe because I wasn't falling asleep half of the time. Either way, it worked for me. I did have to drive through some snow for about an hour and a half, both preceded by sleet and rain. The last thing I drove in to was...an owl. Yes, I hit an owl. It just swooped right down in front of me and *konk* flew over the top of my car. Quite a scary event.

In any case, Ginny & Neal, I hope you both get better in time. And Charles...I tend to use song titles in my other journal entries, so Norah was in my head for a while too. :)

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Yeah...I went back to MedHelp at 6:45 last night. It was that or rip my head clear off.

After 1-1/2 hours of waiting, the doctor walked in. I told him they didn't believe me when I said I had sinus issues when I went in a couple days before, but it had (OBVIOUSLY) gotten much worse. He chuckled a little.

I told him I wouldn't leave until they gave me a shot of the strongest stuff they could to get rid of it, an antibiotic prescription and a decongestant prescription.

He laughed again, checked my throat, checked my breathing, checked my ears and checked my sinuses. He wrote me a prescription and said the nurse would be in with with 2-in-1 shot.

Needless to say, I'm feeling much better.

Hoops...I've heard the flu can last a week AFTER a shot. You may want to see a doctor just in case. Feel better!

Holly Long said...

Oh to have the luxury of health insurance! Or even the luxury of having the energy to demand anything. :P I'll stay sick so I can save money for...shoes. ;)

NanaBell said...

Don't owls have some kind of meaning? Does anyone remember Uncle Kim's owl encounter while running early in the morning?

Holly Long said...

Yeah, he told us in seminary! I'm not sure what they mean though. Maybe you can find out and get back to me? :)