Monday, February 4, 2008

Clear skies all the way to Las Vegas...

So...we didn't go ALL the way to Las Vegas but the roads were clear the whole way and the sky was just beautiful! If you haven't figured it out by now, I love taking pictures of the sky and the clouds. This one right here is actually out my window. There was like 6 inches of snow on the ground just from like 8 in the morning to 12 that afternoon.

For those of you who don't know...there was a big ordeal about the roads being "too dangerous to drive on" for the trip down and we were blessed to have almost perfect roads! There was some trouble leaving Sunday but nothing that stopped us from getting back safely!

So...I told some of you this story but for those of you who I didn't...here goes. We got to the conference center (for President Gordon B. Hinckley's viewing) around 4:30 and didn't leave until like 9:30. We were outside in the cold (with a pair of shoes that was one size too small for me) for 3 of the 5 hours. When we first showed up this was what the line looked like (For those who aren't as familiar as others, what you see right there is the back of the conference center. The line wrapped all the way around the side and then the back, which is what you're looking at.)

My feet started to hurt SO bad and all the wall...things...were covered in ice so I took my jacket apart (it's supposed to come apart, I would never ruin that jacket) and laid the weather resistant part down and sat there and then proceeded to move it along the wall until there was no longer a wall to sit on.

I couldn't help but just take pictures of everything around me while I was waiting in line and this was one of my favorites from that night.

Ok so if these post the way I want them to, they will be side by side and you will be able to see how many people were packed in there to begin with. By the time that it was my turn to go, all the people on the bottom tier had cleared out of the left side and the second tier and they had also filled up all the space to the right of me on the top and bottom tiers. They filled it up twice just while I was there.

2 comments:

Charity said...

WOW- I bet that will be something you never forget!

NanaBell said...

Thanks for the pictures, Meredith. I also appreciate your text messages and phone calls with updates. It was great to hear the press conference today live. I tried to watch it on KSL at the same time, but there was a significant time delay. Thanks, too, to Jade for the phone call to make sure I was informed. This is an historic time.