Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Infiltration of 13 year old

So- Alex really wants to have a live journal page or be part of this blog and she has been constantly harassing me about it. So I told her that it is not my blog, and that I need to ask the group how ya'll feel about her participating. So - be honest- tell me how you would feel about my 13 year old participating. My concern is that she will be on here EVERY DAY. So maybe there is some other thing, but right now she is only allowed to e-mail. She's not allowed to IM or go in chat rooms, OBVIOUSLY. I think she might still be too young to navigate her own journal page or blog, but I wouldn't mind some inpput. Please be honest and tell me what you think.(Thank you Holly for your input today over the phone-- my phone did finally stop ringing)
Thanks-

4 comments:

Holly Long said...

You know my stance. :) I'm glad your phone stopped ringing.

Ginny said...

I don't think it's a bad idea being on here. I understand her wanting to do that kind of thing, because MySpace and Facebook. However, I agree...she is too young for an online journal and those other things that make her more vulnerable to people she doesn't know. Sorry Alex.

NanaBell said...

Charlie and Ryan have already posted on this site and I'm not aware of anyone objecting. My opinion is, the more, the merrier. I don't think anything has been posted that was inappropriate for a 13-year-old.

Bartholomew said...

I supervised Charlie's and Ryan's entries. Considering Charity's concerns that Alex may be spending a lot of time on here, it may be too time consuming for her to supervise every entry.

On the other hand, does Alex log on and view this blog? If she's already doing that, I don't see much harm in letting her post to it as well. In either case, supervision would be required. I'm pretty lax with my kids, but they can't get on the internet if I'm not in the same room. Even then, they have to ask before going to any site that isn't pre-approved.