Friday, March 9, 2007

It's been a while...





Since I have last posted and a lot has happened. I will just post the big stuff. Just this past Wednesday night Weber State hosted the Men's Basketball Big Sky Championship. They played Tuesday and advanced to Wednesday for the championship. Jade and I were able to go, and it was awesome!! Just the whole school pride feeling and the Center was packed with fans! WSU had a 20 point lead at half-time against Northern Arizona University, but at about 5 min left in the game NAU had brought it to a 2 point difference. WSU led NAU the entire game. In the last four minutes, everyone was standing and screaming, but at timeouts everyone in the stands would sit down. After one of the timeouts where NAU was close behind us, WSU got onto the court and the star player looked around and then motioned for everyone to stand up. I stood with everyone else in the center and screaming, cheering, and clapping with them was an absolutely incredible feeling. We all wanted one outcome, you could say we were united in a cause. It was awesome! On to the Big Dance!!! Note: The old lady is a member of the Dancing Grannies; a Provo-based group consisting of ladies all over 50yrs and she is the oldest at 90yrs and finished her dance with the splits! Yikes!

Next week Jade and I are going to visit Meredith and the BYU-I gang for spring break. Holly will overlap for a short visit too, wooooo!! We are not sure what we are going to do up there, but we're gonna go. I am babysitting tonight for some folks at church. Jade got a job at the Housing Office on campus, and we are interviewing to be RAs for the married dorms. All is well and the snow comes and goes. Matt

3 comments:

Charity said...

Wow- Matt! That picture of the snow and the light is SO pretty. Today it was about 81 degrees here and beautiful. Nagh-nagh!

NanaBell said...

Thanks for the update, Matt and Jade. So does this mean Jade is not working at Papa John's any more? If you get the RA spot, will you get paid, free rent, or what?

I'm glad you are able to enjoy some of the benefits of student life. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Mere said...

I'm so excited to see you guys! I think I'm actually gonna call you here in a little while to ask you a question or 2. Anyways...just wanted to agree with Charity that that picture is way cool! Love you guys!