Thursday, March 15, 2007

No adventures here...

I can't think of many adventures that I've been on lately but I figure since I was present for these "adventures" I could at least tell the story...hope Holly doesn't mind. Monday night my roommate, Casey, Holly and I were leaving our FHE brothers lounge after a fun night of bowling, pizza and other stuff....we were waiting for the traffic to clear up a little bit (its not that busy) and as soon as we started off running (not using a crosswalk..oops) Holly tripped and fell. She was holding a bag full of stuff and as soon as she fell all the stuff was scattered over the asphault. Luckily the traffic was far enough away that she had time to get back on her feet and get to the other side of the street. I will admit that I was laughing uncontrollably along with Casey but was definitely glad that she walked away with a (more than before) banged up knee.

Tuesday night she was over to make dinner for me and a few of my friends (which was delicious, thanks again Holly) and towards the end of the night she was walking towards the kitchen and was walking around Casey who was lying in the floor of the living room and thought it'd be easiest to just step on the trampoline instead of...whatever the other option was. Well, it just so happens that our trampoline has a spot on each side where if you hit it just right, it will fold in half. Well...unfortunately Holly hit that spot JUST right and sure enough, the trampoline collapsed right beneath her feet, causing her to fall (once again) flat on her face (actually...i don't think it was as bad the first time). No blood loss this time, just a huge bruise on her other knee. Once again (only harder this time) I was laughing uncontrollably and I will honestly say that I had a hard time NOT peeing my pants while I was laughing. I feel bad that she has had a rough time staying on her feet up here in Idaho but I know for sure she definitely entertained my roommates and I. I love you Holly! (and everyone else too)

3 comments:

Holly Long said...

I wonder if the fact that I stayed inside almost all day on Wednesday is some sort of subconscious fear of falling down again. I made it all day today without a fall! :)

NanaBell said...

Ouch! Let me guess, she was wearing those HIGH-heeled boots that she loves, wasn't she? Was there snow or ice on the road?

Mere said...

I actually don't think she was wearing her boots. And there wasn't ice or snow on the roads...or better yet, anywhere close to her when she fell. The snow around here has pretty much all melted except in the mountains and the weather is actually pretty nice. We were playing frisbee out in the...courtyard I guess the other day and a lot of apartments had their door open and when I threw it, it flew onto the second floor and straight in someone's door! They were definitely surprised and I'm glad it didn't hurt them.