Monday, April 23, 2007
Recent events.
Howdy. So our ROTC group had a blast two weekends ago at the FTX, and we topped off the "tactical" semester with a Blackhawk helicopter ride to a land navigation course last Thursday. It was awesome!! I got pictures, but I used a disposable camera because I did not want to break the digital so I'll get them soon. It was really cool. At first it felt like one of those amusement park rides that shoot you straight up into the air and then you fall and fall and so on. It was crazy. After the initial lift I thought, "wow, like that ride," then we were bumping around and sped forward and then I thought, "not so much anymore." But, I got over it and used the entire camera on the scenery. The scariest part though was when we were getting on and off, because the rotor was spinning like crazy and it seemed like it was lower than it was. Yeah, they said that the rotors are 7'2" at full spin and 5'2" at and near rest, uh huh, scary. Anyway, that was fun. Just an update, Ann and Robbie will be "touring the U.S." (visiting family) for the next six weeks. I do not remember if they were stopping in AL, but possibly. I have one week left in this semester!! I am going out of my mind. I am not sure why, though, because I only have one final. I may be getting a job with the Housing Office over the summer to stay busy. Well, all is well here. Tomorrow is our three year Temple anniversary, which is kind of neat. Oh yeah, this Friday I am being inducted into the Communications National Honor Society, Lambda Pi Eta, that's kind of neat too. We're paying $17 a plate for the dinner too, that's odd, it's like they say, "welcome to our club poor hardworking college student, now give us your life savings for a piece of chicken." I'm just kidding!! Well, I'll post pictures later. Matt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
Congrats on everything Matt! You (and Jade) have been working hard to reach all your goals. I'm so proud of you kids!
The helicopter ride sounds excitingly scary, especially for tall people. :)
I love your comment about the dinner, I literally laughed out loud. Silly man.
Congratulations Matt- You couldn't pay me to ride that thing...well maybe for the right price...I could use the cash. What an exciting life you have!
Helicopters aren't really my thing ,but it sounds FUN!
The Honor Society? Not bad for a high school dropout! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment