Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Strange Education

I know, I know, I should be asleep, but in the midst of cleaning my room I moved my computer and haven't had the nerve to take it off of my bed to keep it from distracting me.

Updates. Last week we had Bradford Keeney in the clinic/program and it was an interesting experience, but really less than I expected it to be. I sat in (watching through a mirror-room) on seven sessions that he contributed to throughout the week, he came to two classes, and we had a seminar on Friday from nine until four. Friday was just repeat of the earlier parts of the week and was mostly exhausting. (Partially because I didn't get much sleep the night before.)

I found out Monday that my second client isn't coming anymore. I am relieved and sad. Relieved because I didn't really get along with my co-therapist (we have different methods completely) and it was a family so she wouldn't be leaving until graduation, but sad because the primary client was someone I felt that we really could help regardless of the reason they were required to come. At least that has really relaxed my week. :)

My neighbors have been moving and it is odd. The one right next to me moved a few weeks ago now and the girl that is a second year and we share a common bedroom wall is moving this weekend. The talk amongst the first and second years, the fact that I have met people that will soon be entering the program, seeing clients, and receiving our practicum schedules are all reminders that before I know it, I will be a second year and graduation will sneak up on me. Several of the second years are concerned with studying for the licensure exam that most are taking in June. This has brought a great deal of thought to the first years and where we will stand as far as employment and licensure in Arkansas or elsewhere.

Sunday I have a talk in church about Reverence. I have a few ideas that have been brewing but nothing solid yet. Sunday is also the day I will no longer be a primary teacher. They called my replacement last week and we told the kids, so I'm sure half the ward knows by now. :) It will be a change to be in "big kid" classes again. Maybe I'll beg to be back in primary once my Capstone practicum is over. We shall see!

8 comments:

Charity said...

Hey--good luck on your talk...sucker :P

NanaBell said...

Sucker? Ironic comment from someone who in the last few weeks has been:
1. guilted into making Easter outfits; 2. "temporarily" taking care of someone else's dog; and 3. working a fulltime job without getting paid. (Just kidding :-)

NanaBell said...

Can't help noting that both the last comments were posted in the wee hours of the morning. When do you kids ever rest?

NanaBell said...

I meant the last two posts, not comments. Sorry!

Matt and Jade said...

Well Mom, you see, us students have a special gift or talent that allows us and helps us endure such conditions without immediate effect. It is a wonderful thing, I refer to it as effective procrastination. We sign up for this school stuff and then try to have a life at the same time and before we know it, it is 4 o'clock in the morning and our homework is done!! It is just amazing. Holly you are awesome, keep up the good work!! Just kidding Mom!

Holly Long said...

It seems that this talk is becoming a missionary opportunity and at least one of my classmates seems interested in coming, so I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Besides, it's not like I have an "in" with the Bishop like some people...

Yes, be amazed at my super powers! Tomorrow, I get to sleep in. :) Thanks Matt, you pretty much rock too!

NanaBell said...

Go Holly!

Ginny said...

I was enjoying REM sleep when you typed this...
Mmmm...sleep...