Alex is getting a cellphone?!!!! If that's the case, I don't want anyone else accusing me of spoiling Meredith! (Actually, I find giving a teenager a cellphone VERY onvenient if the parent can afford it. A kid who has a cellphone has NO excuse for being late, not letting you know where they are, who they are with, etc., or otherwise not staying in touch. "The car broke down," "I couldn't get a my ride," "I couldn't find a phone," etc., are no longer acceptable.) (I highly recommend unlimited text messaging if it is available. Ask Meredith about that one!)
Yes - Alex IS getting a cellphone at the beginning of August. We originally told Alex she had to wait until she was 14 to get one, but this summer she has been SO incredibly helpful with Samantha while I'm at work, doing everything she is asked to do when she is asked to do it, and doing it all with a such a good attitude that we felt that she should be rewarded for such good behavior. So therefore, Alex is getting a cellphone.
She has been researching which one she wants from the moment we told her. She has an actual paper link chain to count down with, hanging in the art gallery. I think someone is excited!
Whoa!? I don't even have a cell phone! Holy moly. I do like mom's reasons though along with yours too, Charity. Personally, I have few enough friends, so I can still use my wire and tin can high speed communication device, boo-yah!
Yes, Matt, but having a cell phone gives the ILLUSION that we're all as important as we hope to be. Like we cannot be out of touch with anyone or it would be the detriment of the entire human race. You're just in denial, haha. :)
7 comments:
Whaaa?! Charity, is this real? Details? Anyone?
Yeah...I'm confused too...what's going on?!
Alex is getting a cellphone?!!!! If that's the case, I don't want anyone else accusing me of spoiling Meredith! (Actually, I find giving a teenager a cellphone VERY onvenient if the parent can afford it. A kid who has a cellphone has NO excuse for being late, not letting you know where they are, who they are with, etc., or otherwise not staying in touch. "The car broke down," "I couldn't get a my ride," "I couldn't find a phone," etc., are no longer acceptable.) (I highly recommend unlimited text messaging if it is available. Ask Meredith about that one!)
Yes - Alex IS getting a cellphone at the beginning of August. We originally told Alex she had to wait until she was 14 to get one, but this summer she has been SO incredibly helpful with Samantha while I'm at work, doing everything she is asked to do when she is asked to do it, and doing it all with a such a good attitude that we felt that she should be rewarded for such good behavior. So therefore, Alex is getting a cellphone.
She has been researching which one she wants from the moment we told her. She has an actual paper link chain to count down with, hanging in the art gallery. I think someone is excited!
Whoa!? I don't even have a cell phone! Holy moly. I do like mom's reasons though along with yours too, Charity.
Personally, I have few enough friends, so I can still use my wire and tin can high speed communication device, boo-yah!
Yes, Matt, but having a cell phone gives the ILLUSION that we're all as important as we hope to be. Like we cannot be out of touch with anyone or it would be the detriment of the entire human race. You're just in denial, haha. :)
Matt- I love you...you make me laugh!
Post a Comment