For those of you who don't know or haven't guessed, my comment about throwing out the John Mayer tickets was a joke. However, it almost because a self-fulfilling prophecy!
The tickets came in a large cardboard Priority Mail envelope which I had left on the dining room table. Yesterday morning, I got up early and did a few things around the house before I got ready for Church. I put the ingredients for Cream Cheese Chicken in the crockpot for dinner, put some rice in the rice cooker, emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, and cleared off the dining room table and put on a clean tablecloth.
In the middle of Sacrament Meeting, the thought occurred to me that I didn't remember seeing the ticket envelope on the table. I asked Meredith if she had moved it and she said she hadn't. I wasn't sure I believed her, but figured I would talk about it later. When we got home from Church, Sarah and Mackenzie were already there and I got busy with meal preparations. I forgot about the tickets until they had gone and Meredith was napping. I couldn't remember making a conscious decision to put the tickets in a safe place, but I couldn't say I hadn't so I looked in all the logical places. They were nowhere to be found!!! :(
I went down and woke up Meredith who very believeably denied any knowledge of the whereabouts of the tickets!!!! (PANIC!!!!) Back to the kitchen, I took the lid off of the wastebasket and began to transfer trash from the full container into another trash bag. About half way down, I found the envelope with the tickets. THANK GOODNESS!
So much for that story. The tickets are back on the dining room table. What happens to them next? Has someone asked Meredith to bring them with her when she meets up with Holly and Charity?
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
wow that was close!
Wow.
That is hilarious. You crack me up!!
Post a Comment