Wednesday, July 4, 2007

God Bless America!

Well, tons has been going on! I'm just going to post some pictures though. I should note that most of these will be absent of people because, well, it's just me. :) The red bridge is at at place in town called Riverside Park. At the end, there's this amazing view, I also have a picture of that, but this one I like better.

I just finished two weeks and a weekend at Capstone. I promised Meredith dog pictures, so this one is of Moose. He's a chocolate lab, the newest one there, and his body is a lot like Roly from 101 Dalmations, haha.

There's this "house" on the way to Capstone. I've got some low-quality pictures. If you can't tell from the pictures, one side looks like a real house/cabin, but the other side reveals that it's really two trailers put together covered with wood to look like a house. :)

Last Friday I went to Capstone and we found out that they were having an off-campus adventure day (going fishing/caving) so they sent Erin and I home. I ended up going to the lake with Julie (who said if I took a picture of her in her swimsuit she would kill me) and I got a little sun and just got some reading done which was nice. After that I went with Erin and five of her housemates to Little Rock and saw Ratatouille. Cute movie! Then the weekend was a Capstone weekend. I still have a popped blister on my hand. :)

Monday was the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert in Memphis. I ended up making the trip on my own for a variety of reasons. It was really great and I kept wanting to kick myself for not having ONE MOTAB CD!! I need to get on the ball! I had pretty good seats, as you should be able to tell by the picture. It was pretty cool to walk around in Memphis and visit Beale Street and hear the street blues performers, etc. Definitely an experience I'm glad I didn't pass up this time!

Tuesday was our first day of our July class. It will be an interesting experience to say the least. One of my classmates runs a series of fireworks stands with his family and he was asking for helpers so I worked there last night and I'm about to head over there in a few minutes. It was tons of fun yesterday (I got to ORGANIZE!) My back is a little sore, but that's what I get for lifting boxes wrong. I keep seeing the bottle rockets and thinking of Matt in his bottle rocket wars days. I want to set off every one to see what it looks like. I think they may have a barbecue tonight and set off some of the fireworks. I'm totally in if I don't have alternate plans. Right now I don't have any extravagant plans for the 4th. I'm meeting a certain someone for lunch, but after that...I may just do homework. I hope everyone has a GREAT 4th!!

3 comments:

NanaBell said...

Hope you had a great 4th! I ended up taking Logan, Emily and Nanny to a ward cookout/pool party at the Chambers'. The Chambers were at the lake, but the rest of us had a good time. Mostly younger families. Nanny was definitely the oldest person there and I may have been next. The cookout was in the middle of the day so we were home by around 3:00. I ended up staying home and watching the fireworks on TV which was fine with me. It is nice to have a break in the middle of the week. Only two more days to the weekend!

Mere said...

The puppy is SO adorable!

Matt and Jade said...

Wait, wait, no comments on this "certain someone," what is up with that?! And, who is that?! Keep busy Holly, it is good for ya!