Sunday, July 15, 2007

Little Rock

It has been a whirlwind week(end)!! Last week was family week #2 at Capstone. I wasn't scheduled to work, but switched Wednesday with Julie because her in-laws were in town. I gained a couple of new clients this week after losing my very last one and begging for new ones. :) Friday I finished up an emotional day at Capstone and headed to Little Rock to spend the night with my friend Robyn.

Robyn had knee surgery nigh about four or five weeks ago and she's still in some serious pain and cannot drive so I haven't seen her in a while and figured the time might do us both some good. She ordered Indian food (which I picked up) and Seth decided to join us and we ended up staying up talking until about 1:00 in the morning at which point Seth left and she and I talked a while longer. :) (Sorry it took me a while to post these pictures. I forgot I took them. Seth is laughing at the picture Robyn took of me with her camera phone after mom called trying to pimp me out to someone at her Singles' Conference. Good times.)

I had to be at the Stake Center at 7:00 to go to Memphis for the temple trip so I was up at 6 and out the door at 6:30. I failed to remember that because Little Rock is an hour west for me, Memphis is an additional hour east so the trip was long, but I had fun riding with Angela and Spencer. Of course, the temple was nice too, but definitely different from "my" temple.

I was so exhausted from the ride back that I went back to Robyn's with the intention of taking a nap/resting and we ended up talking some more. She was getting stir crazy so we went to see Harry Potter, stopped for some ice cream, and then went to Barnes & Noble. By the time we got home it was almost 9:00 and I was easily convinced to stay the night again. 6:30 departure to make it to church on time and I ended up crashing for an extra hour longer after choir practice before it was time to make yet another (because apparently I hadn't spent enough time in Little Rock over the weekend) trip to Little Rock for the YSA fireside. There wasn't anything spectacular about the fireside, but it was good to see some people that I hadn't seen in what seemed like (and really had been) months. It was the typical topics of service, education, dating, increasing spirituality, etc. rolled into one talk by the new CES couple.

Now I'm finally back in little ol' Searcy and wide awake as a result of my nearly three hour nap (with interruptions of Home Teacher, phone calls, etc.). Tomorrow I have the day off and will be reading for class and taking my test that is due Tuesday. (It isn't take home and I am not allowed to look at it until I'm ready to take it, so I'm not taking it until the last minute so I don't change my mind on any answers, so it isn't really procrastinating.) It will be nice to have the week off as far as rotations. Then I'll have another family week (which will include the aforementioned "best friend"), the weekend rotation, and another week. THEN... JOHN MAYER and BEN FOLDS in BIRMINGHAM!! Not that I'm looking forward to it at all. *shifty eyes*

I'll also have about three weeks off of classes starting July 27th, but rotations will still be going strong as well as my clients. Keeping busy, but all in good ways.

8 comments:

Al said...

Sounds pretty fun! :p

Matt and Jade said...

Wow, I am not sure what to say about all of that! It sounds like you have been pretty busy though! It is always good to have a day off too. I hope you do well on your test!

Charity said...

Wow- you've been busy! As a side note, my new favorite John Mayer song on Continuum is, The Heart of Life! Can't wait til the concert! YEAH! I'm almost hip!

NanaBell said...

Sounds like you aren't pining away for company.

Matt and Jade said...

Mom, I had to look up the word "pining," and when I did, I had a good laugh!

Holly Long said...

Well, it's nothing like threats from your mom to set you up with someone to find motivation. :)

NanaBell said...

I'm glad you inserted that note about adding the pictures. When I checked the site this morning, I thought, "Man! I don't remember seeing those pictures AT ALL." (So is "pining away" an archaic term, Matt?)

Matt and Jade said...

yes.