Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Pioneer Day!!

Woohoo! Anybody have any festivities? We had a lot, but did not attend. I know, I know, we should have. I did get off of work 15 minutes early!!! I read about half of the book "Our Heritage" this morning which is very informative and inspiring, if that counts for anything.
Last night Jade and I decided to take the first step into cutting my hair at home. This was not the usual buzz haircut that is simple, but instead a complicated faded haircut thing. It was and will be an effort to conserve the $20 I usually pay in a month to get it cut at Hill AFB. I had terrible flashbacks of haircutting days with mom trying to best control the outcome of the haircut. Jade and I both agree, though, that I may have gone a little far last night.
I have been pretty particular about haircuts since I left AL, and was too critical last night, though it turned out pretty good for the first time. I hope y'all enjoy the back of my head.

And yes, I used the timer on the camera and took the pictures myself.

8 comments:

NanaBell said...

I can't believe the boy who used to pitch a fit if his bangs weren't in his eyes is wearing a hair cut like that! And, apparently, self-inflicted? Or did Jade help, too? Good for you! That's what I call provident living! What are you going to do with the extra $20?

Mere said...

i totally remember when you would cry because you didn't want mom to cut your hair and you'd yell and scream and ask for sarah to come cut your hair! ah...you've grown up to be such a handsome young man...haha

Matt and Jade said...

yeah...thanks Meredith. $20 extra to go to things we need to pay off! We did, however, have to use the $20 to buy clippers this month, so...no money saved yet. I still cried, too; but tears of joy. haha

Charity said...

I was glad that you clarified how exactly the picture was taken. I might have thought you used the new-fangled process Meredith did for her cool pictures (having someone else hold the camera) HA HA HA! it looks great Matt. I gave Max a haircut yesterday. We decided he looks 10 years younger, and has a new leash on life.

Holly Long said...

You kids are HIlarious (pronounced high-larry-us). Matthew, yes, hair-cutting days, but you know, at least those are good stories to tell your kids when they're complaining about how you cut their hair, haha. In that Woods family story-telling way. :)

NanaBell said...

New LEASH? How punny can you get?

Holly Long said...

I know, just one reason I love my family. :)

Ginny said...

Not too shabby! (British accent included.)